What we believe
Pinelands Baptist Church teaches and practises belief:
- In the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament in their original writings as fully inspired by God, and accept them as the final authority for faith and life.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit, they constitute the Holy Trinity.
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- That God created human beings in His own image; that humans sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of death, physical and spiritual; and that all human beings inherit a sinful nature, resulting in (in the case of those who have reached moral responsibility) actual transgression involving personal guilt.
- That the Lord Jesus died for our sins, a substitutionary sacrifice, according to the Scriptures, and that all who believe in Him are justified and redeemed on the ground of His shed blood.
- In the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, His ascension into heaven, and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
- In the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the person of the Holy Spirit, His regenerating work and abiding presence in the true believer.
- That all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by their own act of faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- In the resurrection both of the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed, and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation.
- that the one true church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that the local church on earth should take its character from this conception of the church spiritual, and therefore that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are essentials of church membership.
- that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances – Baptism and the Lord’s Supper – to be observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of the Christian faith; that Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection, and that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of bread and cup as symbolical of the Saviour’s mutilated body and shed blood, in remembrance of His sacrificial death till He comes.
- That God has ordained the only form of marriage as a heterosexual relationship between a natural man and a natural woman who are lawfully married to each other.
View our annual reports and our protection of information policy report. Contact the church office to request Pinelands Baptist Church’s constitution.