SOZO is the Greek word translated “saved, healed, delivered.”
Salvation: “If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. [sozo]” – Romans 10:9 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save [sozo] the lost.” – Luke 19:10
Healing: “Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed [sozo] you.” And the woman was healed [sozo] at that moment.” – Matthew 9:22
Deliverance: “Those who had seen it told the people how the demon-possessed man had been cured. [sozo]” – Luke 8:36
The Sozo ministry, initially developed at Bethel Church in California, is a unique inner healing and deliverance ministry that gets to the root of those things hindering your personal connection with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit leaving you free to walk into the fullness of purpose for which you have been created.
A Sozo ministry session may last 1½ – 2 hours. The Sozo team will sit down with you and by following the Holy Spirit, wounds are healed, strongholds broken and truth is revealed. The focus in this ministry is for you to receive the full healing that Jesus bought at the cross. Sozo ministry is not a counseling session.
Personal testimonies from the PBC Sozo Ministry: (used with permission)
- “It is a deep and lasting ministry which focuses on the relationship between the individual and the trinity. This ministry does not glorify the minister/s. In fact it is the opposite – it is a selfless ministry. Also the work is quiet; it is extraordinarily powerful and effective. It is without doubt the gentlest, most authentic and effective deliverance and healing ministry that I have come across in my Christian experience. I recommend Sozo sessions at every opportunity I get to fellow Christians.”
- “Feel closer to God, and also like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.”
- “I shared with a friend how I was trusting for a spiritual feather duster for Saturday because I am suffocating from the “cobwebs” in my life! WELL, talk about spring cleaning with a spiritual feather duster… wow, that is exactly what happened on Saturday as God met me at my point of need and began to clear away the cobwebs. I think that is what Sozo is – a spiritual feather duster. ”
- “Through the work of the Holy Spirit and the sensitive ministry of the Sozo team members I was able to hear clearly from Father God. It was as if the cotton wool was removed from my ears and the double minded way I was thinking about God and His will for my current situation was sorted out … my relationship with Father God has been rekindled and become stronger and deeper. The team’s patient, gentle and non judgemental way of treating me made me feel comfortable and safe in their care.”
- “I wasn’t sure what to expect but in the end I had such an encounter with God and really felt myself re-connect with Him in a truly special way. Life is still tough, people are still challenging and relationships are still complicated but I have renewed focus that God never changes and that no matter what is happening with the people around me, my God loves me unconditionally and He is faithful and steadfast.”
A few members of our PBC family have been trained in Sozo ministry. If you are interested in receiving Sozo ministry, please email the office and request an application and indemnity forms: firstname.lastname@example.org. We set up appointments after receiving the application forms.
For more detail about what Sozo ministry is: